Staff Job Listings
Why Work At PFG?
For nearly twenty years we have built a reputation for delivering creative and efficient solutions to meet our client’s needs.
We are committed to a team approach, always with an eye toward the client’s overall goals. We differentiate ourselves by providing efficient and responsive legal services, coupled with legal acumen and creativity developed over decades. Our attorneys and staff work collaboratively on interesting and meaningful projects in a variety of practice areas, giving each person a chance to learn, grow and excel.
Litigation Legal Assistant
Parsons Farnell & Grein LLP is seeking an experienced legal assistant with a minimum of 7 years of experience. In addition to the qualifications/skills outlined below, the position requires good interpersonal skills; strong organizational and administrative skills; excellent attention to detail and follow- through; and the ability to work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and flexible. Proficiency in Microsoft software is necessary. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with co-workers and clients, listens and carries out instructions
- Highly organized – tracks priorities and deadlines, and maintains organized client files
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and ability to work independently at times
- Uses good judgment and takes responsibility for work
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal court rules, fee schedules, and efiling in state, federal, and appellate courts
- Preparation of correspondence and documents and enclosures for filing with the court
- Accurate docketing and attorney calendar management
- High accuracy in proofreading and editing documents including double-checking addresses, figures, and names
- Redactions and Bates labeling of documents using Adobe software
- Make travel arrangements, schedules depositions, mediations, telephone conferences
- Mediation, arbitration, and trial preparation including subpoenas for witnesses, trial documents for the court, trial notebook, exhibit preparation
- Working with others in a team environment and treats others with respect
- Assist other legal assistants if needed
- Instructs and delegates to co-workers procedures for mailing, errands, document production
- Research court documents/dockets, and location of potential parties
- Help prepare briefs including table of contents and
Required Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Pro
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Parsons Farnell & Grein, LLP Is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The firm’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The firm also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.